Sunday, 3 January 2010

Lipstick Enterpreneurs?

I am not sure how I feel about the latest term being used about female Entrepreneurs............that is, "Lipstick Entrepreneurs"
from Dan Martin's Business Zone Blog........It looks like the phrase is catching on. An article has been published in today's Sunday Times entitled 'Meet the lipstick entrepreneurs'. Simone Brummelhuis, founder of The Next Women and featured in the piece, supports use of the phrase. She says: "Lots of people don't like the term 'lipstick entrepreneurs'. They think it's sexist. But it reminds me of the women I’ve always admired most in business — the ones who look like they’re so in control, they still haveNew research has been released today which claims that the recession has acted as a catalyst to exponential growth in female-owned start-up businesses.

When Dan referred to the Lipstick Entrepeneurs on Twitter, he evoked quite a lot of agressive responses!  I am not surprised, but I do believe is that ANY publicity about people starting their own business is excellent news - stories can be inspiring, motivational and can be the key that opens the door to the wonderful world of entrepreneurship.

Whatever anyones gender, age or background - I think that 2010 is going to be a fabulous year for the Entrepreneur!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2010: Enterprise Clients: Workshops ? Do you want to know more about